Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), California consumers have certain rights regarding their Personal Information subject to some exceptions, including the rights listed below.
- The right to know the categories of Personal Information that OVG has collected and the sources from which OVG obtained the Information.
- The right to know the business purposes for sharing Personal Information and the categories of Personal Information we may disclose for business purposes.
- The right to know the categories of third parties with whom OVG has shared or sold Personal Information.
- The right to access the specific pieces of Personal Information OVG has collected, the right to request the deletion of your Information, and the right to correct your Personal Information (see “Your Rights” below),
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information and to limit sharing with third parties. Note that OVG does not sell or share your Personal Information as those terms are defined under the CCPA,
- The right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive Personal Information, and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, including an employee’s, applicant’s, or independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
This Section contains information about these rights and how to exercise them.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect:
- Identifiers such name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as name, signature, address, or telephone number.
- Commercial Information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other similar network activity such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data such as physical location, but not your precise geolocation.
- Professional or employment-related information such as current or past job history or performance evaluations.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information such as profiles reflecting a person’s preferences.
Exercising Your Access, Data Portability, Deletion and Other Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are exceptions, so not all of these rights may apply to you. If you have questions regarding these exceptions, please contact us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-844-478-0905. Authorized agents may submit their request though those means as well.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. We will likely request additional information that will enable us to verify your identity.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period. If we deny your request, we will provide reasons for the denial.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding OVG’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact OVG at the email address included below.